When you choose a gift, what are the things and features do you consider? Is it what the recipient wants or what you can give relative to your financial capability? Do you pick gifts randomly or do you follow a strict system? Do aesthetic and function come into play?
With a wide range of gift-makers competing for your attention, you can easily get drowned in hundreds of options available. But, amidst clamor to protect the environment, it makes sense to go for a gift that does not cause harm nor create impact to the environment.
Here are 5 reasons why a lock-equipped lunch box, or baunan, is your sensible choice for an eco-friendly gift.
1. Container for small items/purchases – Carry one with you all the time and you can refuse the single-use plastic when buying small items. Bring this container when you purchase pandesal sa kanto, take out food, or even your favorite dessert. Of course, your baon lunch goes perfectly with it.
2. A temporary trash bin in tow - Once in while, you may find yourself stuck in a place where no trash bins are available. Shooting your small garbage into this portable trash container manifests self-discipline and proper outdoor ethics. Plus, the air-tight lock guarantees no stink will ever seep out.
Using it as your temporary trash bin equates adherence to Leave No Trace principle #3: Dispose of waste properly. Pack in, pack it out all your trash.
3. Durable and reusable – They are not disposable and can be reused over and over again, translating to zero impact to the environment. The food-grade, microwavable plastic material promises long-term use.
4. Lock keeps items securely inside - The air and water-tight locking technology guarantees that no air seeps in, and no liquid will ever spill. Plus, it creates no mess even if you put it inside your bag sans any wrapper.
5. No need to wrap – It is by itself the “wrapper,” hence no need to have it wrapped, effectively eliminating the generation of trash that comes in the form of gift wrappers. No trash generated means zero to minimal impact to the environment.