Applications must be filed on 1/5/2019
The coming year marks the beginning of the implementation of a new local government regulation that would directly impact climb organizers and operators in the third highest mountain in the country.
The local government of Kabayan in Benguet province will start requiring all organizers and operators with business operations within the Mt. Pulag National Park (MPNP) to secure a Mayor's Permit in 2019. The imminent execution of this policy follows a notice issued by MPNP on Dec. 2, 2018 and is in accordance with Kabayan Municipal Ordinance No. 118-17 and 123-18, which cover levy assessment, collection of fees and other impositions within the territorial jurisdiction of the municipality.
To facilitate the processing and ease the burden on the part of the organizers and operators, Kabayan, in coordination with the Protected Area Superintendent (PASU) and MPNP, has marked January 5, 2019 (Saturday) as the day for all organizers to apply for the permit.
Kabayan encourages organizers and operators to prepare the following documents to speed up the processing of their application on the said date:
1. Accomplished application form (can be downloaded from Kabayan local government unit Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/kabayanlocalgovernmentunit
2. Police clearance from the area of residence of operator/organizer
3. Business Permit of the organization or travel and tour agency issued from where the business is located (Business Permit for calendar year 2018 is acceptable)
4. Fire Safety Inspection Certificate
5. Community Tax Certificate for calendar year 2019 or photocopy of any government-issued identification card
For awareness on the cost of application, the total fees to be paid are based on the following enterprise scale:
1. Micro-Industry 1 (Asset limit is PhP50,000 and below) - PhP1,200.00
2. Micro-Industry 2 (Asset limit is PhP50,000.00 to PhP150,000.00) - PhP2,000.00.
The said date would likewise serve as a venue for organizers and operators to make inquiries or seek clarification from municipal officials.
Parties who would be unable to file their application on January 5, 2019 may secure the Mayor's Permit at the Business One-Stop Shop (BOSS), which will be set up and made available at the municipal grounds in Poblacion, Kabayan from January 3 to 18, 2019.
Save the Sea Turtles Year 4